A Pendo news release out today covers highlights of our first quarter, including significant customer, bookings and product usage growth, two product launches, a successful annual conference and a bold editorial strategy.
The text of the release is below:
Pendo.io, creator of the leading product cloud for digital products and data-driven product teams, today reported highlights from the first quarter of its fiscal year, which ended April 30, 2018. Milestones include doubled quarterly bookings year over year and 81 new customers, which span SaaS applications and digital products in banking and finance, education, transit, government services, media, cybersecurity, developer tools, marketing and branding, hospitality and more.
New customers include Yext, OpenTable, Emma, CJ Affiliate, Renaissance Learning, D2L, Envoy Global, xMatters, Computershare, Propel Media, GTreasury, Farm Credit Financial Partners, Influitive, MapAnything, Apttus, Zipwhip, Our Sunday Visitor, NurseGrid and Bright Horizons.
“The best way to create advocates for our AdvocateHub product is to deliver an intuitive experience and ‘wow’ moments,” said Mark Organ, CEO and founder of Influitive. “We are excited to use Pendo to better understand how users engage with AdvocateHub. With this insight, we can use Pendo to both guide advocates and advocate marketers directly in our product and make more informed decisions on how to improve the user experience.”
According to Pendo CEO and co-founder Todd Olson:
“Our new customer list this quarter offers a perfect example of the kind of positive impact Pendo can have on end users. Users struggle with complex software products particularly as they move between screens and devices. Our goal as a company is to improve society’s experience with software, helping companies delight users across industries, whether its marketers, hospitals, banks, restaurants, transit agencies, golf courses or even daycare centers.”
Other highlights from the quarter include:
- ProductCraft–Launch of ProductCraft, an editorial site by and for product leaders, at the San Francisco-based SaaStr conference. In three months, ProductCraft has published nearly 70 original articles, podcasts, videos and debates and scaled its readership to many thousands per week.
- Industry Survey–Publication of the first annual State of Product Leadership survey, in collaboration with Cleveland-based Product Collective. The results revealed insights from 300 product leaders across industries.
- Mobile Product Launch–Delivering on the promise of its acquisition of Israel-based Insert.io in just five months, Pendo released a significant product update that brings together product analytics, user feedback, and in-app engagement across mobile and web applications.
- Annual User Conference–Doubling attendance over last year’s event, Pendo’s second annual Pendomonium conference welcomed over 400 product leaders to Raleigh for two days of talks, workshops, awards and fun, including notable keynotes from Nir Eyal and Dan Heath. A culminating customer awards ceremony recognized STACK Construction Technologies, K4Connect, InsightSquared, Shiftboard, TrendKite, Engagio and Citrix.
- Product Stack–A collaborative grassroots effort at Pendomonium invited attendees to name and categorize the tools product managers use to do their jobs. This led to the creation of the product stack infographic. Available on ProductCraft, it provides the first visual look at the dozens of software products now available to product leaders.
- Product Cloud–The launch of the Product Cloud, which adds an integration hub to Pendo’s product analytics, guides and in-app messaging capabilities. The new integration hub easily connects with other parts of the product creation lifecycle, including design, engineering, marketing and customer success tools.
- Product Usage Growth–Growth in product usage data to a total of 70 billion events captured and managed by Pendo, making it one of the largest product datasets in the world.
- Industry Recognition–Interviews with The Top, Mixergy and Tribe of Entrepreneurs podcasts, along with a talk at VentureBeat’s Blueprint conference in Reno, NV. Pendo also was named a top rated software in 2018 by TrustRadius and earned recognition by G2Crowd as category leader in mobile app optimization and a high performer in product management, digital analytics and mobile app for Spring 2018.
- Entrepreneur of the Year— Pendo co-founder and CEO Todd Olson was named a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2018 Award in the Southeast.
“The breadth and depth of our product features demand a steep learning curve for users, and through Pendo, we’re able to easily and efficiently provide in-platform guides,” said Han Byul Ru, manager of user experience design at Yext. “Though we launched just over a week ago, we’re looking to see lift in user engagement and help unload much burden from our account management and support teams.”
Yext became a Pendo customer after attending Pendomonium. Its platform gives brands control over their online presence across 100+ digital services by storing and syndicating their public knowledge such as location information, menus, events, and reviews.
Pendo is a product cloud that helps product teams deliver software users love. With Pendo, product teams can understand product usage, collect feedback, measure NPS, onboard users, and announce new features in app—all without requiring engineering resources. Founded in 2013 in the heart of Raleigh and backed by Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech Capital, Pendo has raised $56 million and counts nearly 600 customers, including Zendesk, Salesforce, Coupa, Gainsight, BMC, and Sprinklr. In 2017, it was named a Top 50 Startup by LinkedIn. Pendo tracks 27 billion user actions, and improves the product experience for 56 million users every month. Pendo is also the producer of ProductCraft, a destination editorial site with insights by and for product leaders; and Pendomonium, a premier product conference. For more information, visit: www.pendo.io